Pr Pajtim LUTAJ MD PhD
Ophalmologist, "Grand Master"
PU - PH CHU "Mather Therese" Tirana
Diploma in Ophthalmology, University of Paris 6, France
Former intern, Attaché and Assistant of the Paris Hospitals
Ophthalmology Department of UHC of TIRANA & VISION Eye Clinic of Tirana
Personal address: Jeronim De Rada St. No. 2, 1001 Tirana, Tel : +355 68 21 88 316, e-Mail : lpajtim @ gmail.com, Web: www.vision-al.com
Professional address: Faculty of Medicine and Q.S.U. "Mother Teresa" Tirana. Tel & Fax:+355 42232655. E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
➢ Citizenship: Albanian and French.
➢ Foreign languages: French, English, Italian.
Awarded: with the Title "GRAND MASTER" by the President of the Republic of Albania Decree No. 9413 dated February 4, 2016
- Member of the French Society of Ophthalmology and permanent representative of this Society for Albania since 1988. www.sfo.asso.fr
- Member of the European Association of Ophthalmology 1990. www.soe.org
- Member of the International Consuls of Ophthalmology since 1992. www.ICO.Org
- Member of the administrative council of the French Alliance in Tirana since 2003 www.aftirana.org
- Member of the Founding Board of the South-Eastern European Ophthalmological Society SEEOS www.seeos.eu
- Member of the Editorial Board of the South-East European Journal of Ophthalmology since 2005.
- Member of the South-Eastern European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (SESCRS) since 2006. National representative in "Screening For Diabetic Retinopathy in Europe." 2005.
- Administrator , Didactic Director and Curriculum designer of the first optic school in Albania, "VISION" Optic School, Tirana 2005, www.vision-al.com
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Tirana Faculty of Medicine, January 2008 www.fakultetimjekesise.edu.al
- President of the South-Eastern European Ophthalmological Society SEEOS and its chairman in 2010-2011. www.seeos.eu
- President and Organiser of the first international congress of Albanian Ophthalmology and the 7th congress of SEEOS www.seeos.eu June 2010, Tirana
- Member of EASD (Eye Complications Study Group) Lecturer of the International Educational Center of Ophthalmology in Prague
- Member of the International Study Group for Eye Health Care in Central and South-Eastern Europe. OMS expert for Eye Health Care in Central and South-Eastern Europe.
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology since January 2010.
- President of the PanAlbanian Association of Ophthalmologists 2018 www.paao.al
- Member of the scientific board of the journal: "Albanian Journal of Medical and Health Sciences" scientific body of the Medical University of Tirana; 2014
- Head of the ENT-Ophthalmic Department UHC"Mother Tereza" of Tirana 2014
- Director of Albanian VISION Institute, www.vision-al.com
- Practicien Hospitalier (PH) of Paris Hospitals from 2007, Hospital Hotel-Dieu de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, head of service Prof. Gilles RENARD
- Head of Service at the University Clinic of Ophthalmology QSU Tirana 2005-2011
- Hospital Practitioner Ophthalmic Clinic QSU Tirana 1998
- Assistant of Paris Hospitals 1992-1994 Hospital Hotel-Dieu Paris Head of Service Prof. Yves POULIQUEN
- Attaché of Paris Hospitals 1990-1992 Hotel-Dieu Paris Hospital Head of Service Prof. Yves POULIQUEN
- Intern of Paris Hospitals 1990-1992, Montfermeil Intercommunal Hospital, Head of Service Dr Elisabet BODARD, Delafontaine St Denis Hospital Head of Service Dr Chatrine VIGNAL
- Paris Hospital Resident 1988-1991 Hotel-Dieu Hospital Paris Head of Service Prof. Yves POULIQUEN
- PROFESSOR Doctor of the UNIVERSITY of Tirana 2010.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR of the University of Tirana; title given by U T; Ministry of Education and Science of Albania, Tirana on May 29, 2002.
- DOCTOR OF MEDICAL SCIENCES 1992; Thesis with the topic "Retinal Detachment with Vireo-Retinal Proliferation stage-B, Study of 760 cases". Leader aunt Prof. D. Chauvaud defended at the University of Paris 6, Paris, France on September 13, 1991. (Equalised by the Scientific Qualification Commission under the Ministry of Education of Albania on June 15, 1999).
- Inter-university Diploma "Refractive Surgery and Phaco emulsification" Toulouse III University, France June 2008
- University Diploma, "Contactology et Biomateriaux" (contact lens, intra-ocular lens and prosthesis) Leader Prof J COLIN issued by the University of Brittany: France October 26, 1993.
- University Diploma, Leader Prof. Ch. CABROL "Microsurgical Techniques" issued by the University of Paris 6. Paris on September 25, 1992
- Inter-university Diploma of Specialisation in Ophthalmology (DIS = Diploma Interuniversitaire de Specialisation, 4 years) issued by the University of Paris 6: Paris France on November 20, 1991.
- Certificate of preparatory studies (First level Master) AEPS = Attestation d'etude préparatoir a la specialite d'ophtalmologie for admission to the Ophthalmology specialty, issued by Paris 6 University, Paris, France, December 1988.
- Certificate of the French language, evaluated with note 10/10, issued by the Faculty of Foreign Languages, Tirana on April 24, 1999.
- Certificate of English language, evaluated with note 6/10, issued by the Faculty of Foreign Languages, Tirana on October 3, 1986..
- Diploma of Ophthalmology Specialist issued by the Faculty of Medicine Tirana, Tirana in December 1986.
- Diploma "General Practitioner" issued by the University of Tirana. Tirana on June 10, 1983.
- High School Diploma, issued by the "Jani Minga" Medical High School, Vlore, June 1978.
- The effectiveness of the use of Natural Tear II in the treatment of signs of eye dryness. Study micro-thesis for the Post-University School worked by Dr. Arjan SHORE
- The effectiveness of Nyolol in reducing intra ocular pressure in patients with Glaucoma (Comparative study with conventional Timolol. Worked by Arjeta DEMI; Tirana, 2004
- Comparison of the results of "Trabeculectomy with the use of antimitotics" topic for the defense of the Doctorate by Dr. Arjeta DMI.
- Post-surgical secondary cataract, topic for protection of SHPU by dr A BELSHI, 2003
- The efficacy of Betoptic S in the treatment of primary glaucoma. Theme for the defense of SHPU by Dr. Elvis VELIU, 2006
- Comparative study, eco-biometrics Axial B guided by vector A with traditional biometrics A. Topics for SHPU Dr Teuta HAVERI, 2007
- Neovascular Glaucoma, Doctorate Topic by Dr. Halil Ajvazi, Prishtina, Kosovo
- Nasosinusal polyposis, Doctorate topic of Dr. Holta SULAJ, Tirana
- Evaluation of Corneal flexibility in patients treated with LASIK, Doctoral thesis of Dr. Afrim Shabani, Prishtina, Kosovo.
- The relationship between central corneal thickness and visual field damage in glaucoma patients. Doctoral thesis of Dr. Valbon Ajazaj; Prishtina, Kosovo.
- Open-angle glaucoma, Viscocanaliculoplasty; Doctoral thesis of Dr. Julinda Jaho Tirana.
- Irvine GASS syndrome, post cataract surgery. Doctorate topics DR Juela Hallunovaj
- Epimacular membrane of the retina, PhD topic of Dr Ardeida Xhamuça
- Synromia Marfan, and Cataracta, Dr. Albert LULA's Doctoral Thesis
- March 2005-March 2011 Head of the Ophthalmology Service at the Mother Teresa University Hospital Center of Tirana.
- October 2001 to September 2002 General Director of the "Mother Teresa" University Hospital Center in Tirana.
- August 1998 onwards, Ophthalmic Surgeon and lecture at the University Clinic of Ophthalmology at Medical Faculty and UMC. "Mother Teresa" of Tirana.
- September 1995-August 1998 ophthalmologist , Ophthalmic surgeon in liberal profession.
- May 1993-November 1994, ophthalmologist of the Hospitals of Paris in the Ophthalmology service of St. Denis Hospital Paris, France
- May 1991 - April 1993 physician (intern) of the Hospitals of Paris in the Ophthalmology service of the Intercommunal Hospital Montfermeil France.
- October 1990-April 1991: Attached doctor (consultations 3 days a week and operations 2 days a week) at the University Ophthalmology Service at the Hotel Dieu Paris Hospital.
- October 1990-September 1990 Physician attaché for consultation and assistant in operations with Prof. Y. POLIQUEN, Prof. G. RENARD and Prof. D. Chauvaud at the Hotel-Dieu Paris hospital.
- October 1987 - September 1991, Resident in the University Ophthalmology Service, Hotel Hospital - Dieu Paris.
- January 1987-September 1987 Ophthalmologist Fier Civil Hospital.
- November 1984-December 1986 Resident at the Ophthalmic Clinic of Hospital 1 Tirana.
- September 1983-October 1984 General Physician at Fier Civil Hospital.
- September 1978 - June 1983 Student at the Faculty of Medicine in Tirana, completed his studies with an notification of 9.2/10.
SCIENTIFIC WORKS (publications & references)
- Ocular myasis, thesis for obtaining the certificate (AEPS) Paris, September 1988 "Conduit a tenir devant un larmoiment du nourrisson et du nouveau-ne" (attitude towards watering in newborn children) published in "La revue du praticien", General Medicine, n-91, pages 29-36, March 1990.
- Etude de la lentille pensement au collagene Biocor. 24 dans les suites operatoires de Phakoexerese, co-investigateur, Research-scientific study Paris April 1991.
- J Cataract Refract Surg, 1993 Jan; 19, (1): 48-51. Comparative study of a collagen corneal shield and a subconjunctival injection at the end of cataract surgery. Renard G, Bennani N, Lutaj P, Richard C, Trinquand C. www.ncbi.nlm.-nih.gov/pubmed/8426322
- "Conduit a tenir face aux dacryocystitis aigues du nourrisson" Communication at the 96th Congress of the French Society of Ophthalmology. Paris May 1990.
- Monograph in French "Le decollement de retine avec vitreoretinal proliferation, stage-b" study 90 pages under the direction of Prof. D. Chauvaud. defended in Paris, September 1991.
- Monograph Retinal Education and Vitreretinal Proliferation, Stage B thesis translated into Albanian 1998;
- Monograph in French "La keratoplastie transfixiante par rotation de la corne" experimental study (30 pages) in 40 rabbits under the direction of Prof. G. RENARD and Prof. C. CABROL 1992.
- Ophthalmology: Textbook with 280 pages for ophthalmologists, students and general practitioners. Tirana 1998.
- "Screening results of eye abnormalities Congress of the European Society of Ophthalmology. June 1999 Stockholm Sweden.
- Stellar neuroretinitis of leprosy. Bulletin of Medical Sciences: September 1999
- YAG laser treatment of retro-hyaoid hemorrhage. Bulletin of Medical Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine, September 1999.
- GLAUCOMA. in the magazine "Health for all" on March 2, 2000, pages 35-39.
- "Results of eye anomalies on the first class primary school children" Poster at the "Fourth Annual Vision Research Conference" April 2000, Florida USA.
- Phakoemusification; participant in the practical works during the 106th Congress of the French Society of Ophthalmology, Paris May 15, 2000.
- The use of Sandostatin in eye diseases. Topic held at the Conference Organized by Novartis Laboratory, Tirana in March 2001.
- Simultaneous treatment of congenital cataract in children up to 1 year. Presentation at the 2nd National Conference of the Association of Ophthalmologists of Albania. October 2001
- Neonatal dacryocystitis. When should the survey be carried out? Presentation at the National Conference of the Association of Ophthalmologists of Albania, October 2001.
- Deep sclerectomy, technique: Presentation at the international conference, Prishtina, Kosovo, December 3-5, 2004
- Herpetic uveitis, Presentation at the national conference, Prishtina, Kosovo, December 3-5, 2004
- Peribulbar, subtenon and topical anesthesia in eye surgeries. IV conference of the Albanian association of ophthalmologists, May 20, 2005
- Behçet syndrome, description of a case. IV conference of the Albanian association of ophthalmologists, May 20, 2005
- Valsalva Retinopathy; two case reports. II-nd South-East European Congress of Ophthalmology, Boyana Residence, Sofia, Bulgaria 1-4 June 2005
- Teratoma of the orbit; one case reports, II-nd South-East European Congress of Ophthalmology, Boyana Residence, Sofia, Bulgaria 1-4 June 2005
- Diabetic Retinopathy in the Republic of Albania. Poster at the "Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy in Europe" conference. 15 years after St. Vincent declaration 16 th - 18 th November 2005, Liverpool, UK
- Diabetic Retinopathy in the Republic of Albania. National abstract "Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy in Europe". 15 years after St. Vincent declaration 16 th - 18 th November 2005. Published in the conference report, version 3; June 30, 2006, Liverpool, UK
- Diabetic Retinopathy in Albania, co-author; national conference of Endocrinology, Tirana December 16, 2005
- Phacoemulsification in Albania, history, Fifth National Conference of the Albanian Ophthalmological Association, Tirana, June 17, 2006
- Chemical burns of the eyes, surgical treatment with conjunctival graft and keratoplasty. The fifth national conference of the Association of Ophthalmologists of Albania, Tirana, June 17, 2006
- B-mode guided vector A-mode biometry for IOL measurement: III-rd SouthEastern European Ophthalmological Meeting, Macedonia Palace Hotel 7-9 July 2006, Thessaloniki Greece.
- Bicanaliculonasal intubation for chronic dacryocystitis in university eye clinic of UHC of Tirana III-rd South-Eastern European Ophthalmological Meeting, Macedonia Palace Hotel July 7-9 2006, Thessaloniki Greece.
- Mickulic Diseases (case reported), co-author, III-rd South-Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society Meeting, Macedonia Palace Hotel 7-9 July 2006, Thessalonic Greece.
- Prevention of Blindness and eye care Services in Albania (Invited Speaker). III-rd South-Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society Meeting, Macedonia Palace Hotel 7-9 July 2006, Thessalonica Greece.
- The Introduction of Refractive surgery in Albania. (Invited Speaker) 4th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society; Serbia, 23-25 March 2007.
- The Introduction of Multifocal Intraocular Lens implantation during the Cataract Surgery in Albania, (Invited Speaker). 4 th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society; Novi Sad, Serbia, 23-25 March 2007. www.pannonicmeeting.com
- Multifocal intraocular lens implantation during the cataract surgery. 3 rd Ophthalmologic School, (Invited Speaker). April 13-15, 2007 Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Uveitis-Glaucoma-Hyphema syndrome; Case report, Ophthalmologia Hungarica, June 2009, Volume 146, supplement 1 page 13
- Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK) in treatment of Corneal Granular Dystrophy GROENOW I; (Invited speaker) 7 th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana, June 2010. www.seeos.eu
- Cataract Extraction with Diffractive IOLs. (Invited Speaker); 7 th Congress of South East European Ophthalmologic Society; AL, June 2010 www.seeos.eu
- Management of bleb overfiltration in patient 4 years after Trabeculectomy (co-author) 7 th Congress of South East European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana June 2010.
- Central serous Retinopathy (co-author); 7 th Congress of South East European Ophthalmologic Society; Tirana, June 2010
- Toxoplasmic retinochoroiditis 7 th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana, June 2010
- CarotidCongress of the European Society of Ophthalmology. June 1999 Stockholm Sweden.
- CarotidCavernous Shunt; (co-author) 7 th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana June 2010.
- Floppy eye syndrome; 7 th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana; June 2010
- Factors affecting visual function in benign intracranial hypertension, (co-author); 7 th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana, June 2010
- Cyanoacrylate glue for the treatment of corneal perforations. 7 th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana, June 2010
- Prevention of avoidable blindness and visual impairment in Albania. 7th Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Tirana, 2010
- Initial experience of Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) in Albania; (Invited speaker) Congress of South Eastern European Ophthalmologic Society, Istanbul Turkey, May 21, 2011. www.seeos-bsos.org
- Multifocal IOLs; keys of success; (invited speaker) joint Congress of SOE/ AAO, 4 June 2011, Geneva, Switzerland; www.soe2011.org
- Corneal Vascularisation and Bandelettes Keratopathy in KID Syndrome. XXXIII International Congress of Ophthalmology, 12 th MEACO international Congress; 16-20 February 2012. Abu Dhabi. P:179 www.woc2012.org
- Multifocal IOLs (FineVision) Implantation for all distance vision. (Invited speaker) and leader of the "Cataract and premium IOL" session at the 9th Congress of SEEOS; 34 th International Congress of Ophthalmology. www.zos2012.si
- The intermediate vision (Invited Speaker) 10 th Congress SEEOS and 3rd Congress of Macedonian Ophthalmologists June 20-23 2013, Ohrid Macedonia www.zom.mk
- Multifocal IOL's; Management of Problems. (Invited Speaker) SEEOS2014, Bucarest Romania. www.seeos.eu/congresses
- Considering photodynamic therapy as a therapeutic modality in selected cases of dome-shaped macula complicated by foveal serous retinal detachment. Arapi I, Neri P, Mariotti C, Gesuita R, Pirani V, Freddo F, Lutaj P, Giovannini A. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina. 2015 Feb;46(2): 217-23. doi:10.3928/23258160-20150213-15. PMID: 25707047 PubMed
- Management of Diabetic Retinopathy, prevalence and clinical classifications. Ajvazi A, Lutaj P, Goranci I. Ophthalmology. 2014;58(4):47-50.PMID: 26117931
- Multifocal IOL's in High Myopic eyes with cataract. 2015; Invited Speaker of the Romanian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery; Constanta, Romania
- Cataract in myopic eye with multifocal IOL's. (Invited Speaker) SEEOS2015, Budva, Montenegro, 16-18 October 2015 www.seeos.eu/congresses
- Clinical impact in the management of neovascular glaucoma. H Ajvazi P LUTAJ, Romanian Journal of Ophthalmology; vom 59, Issue 3, 2015
- Pachymetric Changes of the Cornea Amongst Patients Treated with LASIK; PubMed, Acta Inform Med 2015 Dec: 23(6);252; doi: 10.5455/aim. P PLUTAJ Coauthor. http:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=peace+pray
- The treatment of Progressive Keraocônous through Corneal Cross-Linking, AJMHS 2015; Vol, 46 (2); 64-69; 2015, Cooator. www.ajmhs.umed.edu.al/
- Clinical Impact of Chronic Tonsillitis on Weight and Height Parameters. Abazi B, Shaqiri B, Ajvazi H, Lutaj P, Radovani P. Med Arch. 2015 Oct;69(5): 323-6. doi: 10.5455/medarh. 2015.69.323-326. Epub 2015 Oct 4.PMID: 26622086 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=pajtim+lutaj
- Effectiveness of intravitreal dexamethasone implants in long-term disease control of patients with non-infectious uveitis. P LUTAJ Poster presented at Euroretina Congress 8-11 September 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Summary of scientific activity in figures:
- 5 publications; textbooks and published monographs, 4 in foreign languages, of which I am the first author of 12 articles published in journals abroad, of which 6 in PubMed: http://www.ncbi.nlm.-nih.gov/pubmed /?term=reconciliation+pray
- 15 scientific guides
- 17 scientific sessions directed as Moderator in international scientific activities
- 13 lectures given at international congresses as (invited speaker) 48 presentations and posters of these 32 as first author
- 2 international congresses organized and directed